Installation TenPy on Windows with pip

How do I use this algorithm? What does that parameter do?
tobifloh

Installation TenPy on Windows with pip

Post by tobifloh »

Hello,

I tried installing TenPy on my Windows Laptop with pip. All Packages in the requirenments.txt are installed on their newest Version. However when trying to do "pip install physics-tenpy", I get the following error message,

Collecting physics-tenpy
Using cached physics-tenpy-0.10.0.tar.gz (822 kB)
Installing build dependencies ... done
Getting requirements to build wheel ... error
error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× Getting requirements to build wheel did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> [20 lines of output]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\tobif\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\pip\_vendor\pyproject_hooks\_in_process\_in_process.py", line 353, in <module>
main()
File "C:\Users\tobif\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\pip\_vendor\pyproject_hooks\_in_process\_in_process.py", line 335, in main
json_out['return_val'] = hook(**hook_input['kwargs'])
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "C:\Users\tobif\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\pip\_vendor\pyproject_hooks\_in_process\_in_process.py", line 118, in get_requires_for_build_wheel
return hook(config_settings)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "C:\Users\tobif\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-env-sqjv_qu7\overlay\Lib\site-packages\setuptools\build_meta.py", line 355, in get_requires_for_build_wheel
return self._get_build_requires(config_settings, requirements=['wheel'])
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "C:\Users\tobif\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-env-sqjv_qu7\overlay\Lib\site-packages\setuptools\build_meta.py", line 325, in _get_build_requires
self.run_setup()
File "C:\Users\tobif\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-env-sqjv_qu7\overlay\Lib\site-packages\setuptools\build_meta.py", line 507, in run_setup
super(_BuildMetaLegacyBackend, self).run_setup(setup_script=setup_script)
File "C:\Users\tobif\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-env-sqjv_qu7\overlay\Lib\site-packages\setuptools\build_meta.py", line 341, in run_setup
exec(code, locals())
File "<string>", line 4, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy'
[end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× Getting requirements to build wheel did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> See above for output.

I have no Idea why numpy cannot be found, as it works fine with other packages depending on numpy. Any help would be appreciated.
Johannes
Site Admin

Re: Installation TenPy on Windows with pip

Post by Johannes »

I'm afraid we can't help much there. How did you install Python? For windows, in my experience the anaconda suite works best, for which you should be able to directly install the corresponding physics-tenpy conda package rather than install it from source.

Can you import numpy directly from within your python installation?
Then you could also try to install TeNPy from source, which can be as simple as downloading all the source code and then adding the corresponding path to either the PYTHONPATH environment variable or equivalently adding a

Code: Select all

import sys
sys.path.append('C:\path\to\TeNPy')
at the beginning of your main script (before trying to import tenpy).