How to build a pure entangled initial state

How do I use this algorithm? What does that parameter do?
Ivan Huarte

How to build a pure entangled initial state

Post by Ivan Huarte »

Hi!. I wanted to create a pure entangled state between 2 spins, but i dont know how to do it via p_state in MPS.from_product_state because by definition a pure entangled state is not a product state. Does anybody know?
mbintz

Re: How to build a pure entangled initial state

Post by mbintz »

Hi! The function you want is probably: MPS.from_singlets
Johannes
Site Admin

Re: How to build a pure entangled initial state

Post by Johannes »

Indeed, Markus is right that singlets are only one example of entangled states. But they're only entangled on pairs of sites, so for more than 2 sites they're "product states" again.

Really, you need to clarify which entangled state you want - there are plenty. For example, you could also use a "random" state according to the Haar measure (which has volume-law entanglement, so only works for small systems), or "random" in the sense of starting form a product state and applying only a short layer of local unitary, random circuits, or other simple "analytical" states like GHZ, AKLT ground states, or or or...

Singlets are maximally entangled states for two spins, but again there are also other maximally entangled states (like the m=0 triplet \(1/2(\ket{\uparrow\downarrow} + \ket{\downarrow\uparrow})\)), or the "identity" \(1/2(\ket{\uparrow\uparrow} + \ket{\downarrow\downarrow})\).