How to Successfully Install TenPy on Windows

How do I use this algorithm? What does that parameter do?
dm_Physics

How to Successfully Install TenPy on Windows

Post by dm_Physics »

Hello,

This is my first time using TenPy and am trying to install it on my laptop, which uses Windows. I use Anaconda and Spyder to code in Python.

I have been using (https://tenpy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/readme_wrap.html) to understand how to set up TenPy. Since I use conda, I considered typing (conda install --channel=conda-forge physics-tenpy) into the command prompt (without the parentheses of course). However, I get a message and it seems that tenpy was not installed. I attached a picture of it.

Following the last instructions, I went to anaconda.org, searched tenpy, and clicked on "conda-forge / packages / physics-tenpy ". The webpage instructed to run
conda install -c conda-forge physics-tenpy

I again got the same error message. Finally, when I opened up Spyder and ran the code

import tenpy

I got an error message saying "module tenpy not found."

Clearly, I did not install TenPy correctly. Can someone please kindly tell me how I can install it?

Thanks.
Attachments
error.png
error.png (92.43 KiB) Viewed 2531 times
Johannes
Site Admin

Re: How to Successfully Install TenPy on Windows

Post by Johannes »

Welcome!
It looks like conda is only looking in the win-32 channel, i.e. for a 32-bit package. However, we've only packaged/compiled a 64-bit version, since virtually all hardware (on which you'd like to run TeNPy) these days has 64-bit CPUs.
Is your Windows 64 bit? Then you should also download the 64-bit anaconda, not the 32-bit one.
dm_Physics

Post by dm_Physics »

Yes, my Windows is 64 bit so I will download the 64-bit anaconda. Thank you!!
dm_Physics

Post by dm_Physics »

Johannes wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 19:03 Welcome!
It looks like conda is only looking in the win-32 channel, i.e. for a 32-bit package. However, we've only packaged/compiled a 64-bit version, since virtually all hardware (on which you'd like to run TeNPy) these days has 64-bit CPUs.
Is your Windows 64 bit? Then you should also download the 64-bit anaconda, not the 32-bit one.
Yes, my Windows is 64 bit so I will download the 64-bit anaconda. Thank you!! Sorry, I wasn't sure how to reply to your answer so I replied to my question.