single honeycomb cell from the honeycomb lattice class

How do I use this algorithm? What does that parameter do?
mgbukov

single honeycomb cell from the honeycomb lattice class

Post by mgbukov »

Is it possible to adjust the boundary conditions for the Honeycomb lattice class, such that it models a single honeycomb cell containing 6 lattice sites?

I was thinking that since a single honeycomb cell contains exactly three unit cells (with the appropriate bc) this might be doable with the current Honeycomb class, but I'd like to get a confirmation for this before I spend too long on this. Currently, the `(Lx,Ly)` variables set the number of unit cells along the two lattice directions, but I don't see how I can put in the 3 unit cells required for a single honeycomb cell, since `(2,1)`, `(1,2)` means 2 unit cells, while `(2,2)` already gives 4 unit cells.

I know it is possible to define a single honeycomb cell independently of the Honeycomb class, but I wanted to use this small-lattice limiting case as a benchmark of my code which uses the Honeycomb lattice class, before scaling it up :)
Johannes
Site Admin

Re: single honeycomb cell from the honeycomb lattice class

Post by Johannes »

Take a look at the irregular lattices; exactly this example can be found in the user guide.
Since the commit b49f0e0 that I just pushed, you can do that by adding the model parameter "irregular_remove".